Thursday, November 5, 2009

I LOVE MY GRANDPA!!!

It is no secret that Cannon is extremely blessed to have the BEST Grandparents, ever!!! All of them spoil him rotten…the boy has everything that he could EVER ask for and more. He has the coolest toys, largest library, & overflowing designer-clad closet…(I refuse to give much away because what if Chloe-Paige, never comes and we have another boy, I will be ready, Hello Hand-me downs!) I did give Peyton, Cannon’s first pair of Sperry topsiders because they deserve some serious tread time. I know he will be lookin’ oh-so fine in Port A!

Cannon is in serious L with his Grandpa, Chris and I are practically invisible when he is around. We are completely fine with it because it gives us a nice little break. I swear sometimes it seems like he lives with us because he is here so often to see his little man. He always comments on “What a fine looking young man” he is. ( Def a shout out to Papa Garwood, Cannon’s great Great Grandfather who passed away at 101!) Cannon refuses to let Grandpa out of his sight when he is around…he even freaks out when he shuts the door to go potty! Lord, it’s ridiculous. I think the most simple things like long walks, going to the park, feeding the ducks, sharing cheerios & Goldfish, sharing a Shipley’s doughnut are the memories that will stick with Cannon for a very long time.

I am not sure how to convey the feelings I have when I see my Dad with my soon, I am such a sentimental Mom these days…I tear up just thinking about how truly blessed Cannon is. The love and relationship they have is so strong, not to make it all about me, but I feel a part of their bond, too. It’s love in its purest form. Seeing your child so much in love with someone who you think is perfect (99% of the time) makes me so thankful and forces me to realize how truly BLESSED my little family is. I LOVE my boys…and Daddy!

No comments: