Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alamo Bowl Bound!!! Wreck 'em Tech!!!











Chris’ Christmas present to himself (& me) were tickets to the 2010 Alamo Bowl. It’s no secret that he LOVES Big 12 Football! And he is really starting to prove to me how much fun it is. In my college days, I preferred tailgating to going inside to the sardine-style packed stadium, but now I am a real Tech fan! Even though our beloved pirate was fired, we still had a phenomenal time. Just the two of us… We turned it into a little mini-vacation. We stayed in Gruene, visited with our fabulous & favorite friends The Watsons, and then got our guns up!!! Fun times!!! The air in the Alamodome was thick with controversy surrounding the recent firing of our dynamic and different coach, Mike Leech. The t-shirts were hysterical. “F.U.A.J.”, “Pirate 4 Life”, “Real Men Aren’t Afraid of the Closet”, “Congrats AJ, for coming out of the closet!”, etc. Too funny!
Regardless of the coaching chaos, it was refreshing to see so much school pride! Red Raiders were taking over San Antonio! During the day, we went to Mi Tierra’s, The Marketplace, Riverwalk…all you saw was Red and Black, awesome! We had a really nice time and I had fun with my Tech/SAE/Football Lovin’ husband, I heart my Red Raider!
Oh! Look at my oh-so fabulous Texas Tech ring that my FAVORITE Aunt got for me!!! Had to give her a shout out…I was also so so so impressed with her Tech spirit on game day, now I better see that enthusiasm during the 2010 football season, too! WRECK ‘EM TECH!!!

No comments: