Friday, July 24, 2009

"Hey Babe, It's the 4th of July..."


I HEART that Shooter song. Cannon’s very 1st Fourth of July was extremely festive and patriotic! Of course, I forced him to wear a white/blue striped terrycloth zip-up poolside and then to the fireworks we topped it (literally) with a red wide-brimmed hat, precious! His Auntie Val made a delicious and healthy 4th-themed berry cake that looked like the American Flag and it was delicious! We celebrated at the newly engaged, soon-to-be Dyers’ mansion. We grilled burgers and hotdogs and relaxed poolside. Coincidentially, the Dyers have a patriotic painted longhorn as long décor where I found a perfect photo op. Cute! Cannon LOVED the pool and fell asleep during the fireworks. How does a kid sleep through fireworks?!? I guess it was way passed his bedtime because he was so sleepy...Aww…My red, white, and blue baby was pooped! (and got a bit too much sun, too!)

No comments: